Sunday, March 18, 2007

The Day After the Night Before

What a miserable day this has been.

E & I were rudely awakened from our slumbers last night by yet another false alarm (there have been two in the past two weeks, and nary a sign of our superintendent). It was three o'clock, and a St. Paddy's Day reveler, unwilling to let the night close quietly, decided to finish things off with a bang. Or a steady monotonously ringing bell.

I don't know about you, but when I have to get up, get dressed, and go outside at three in the morning, and then stand outside for half an hour ... well, I don't fall back asleep in a hurry.

Needless to say, we slept through this morning's alarm (if it rang - who knows), a phone call, and church. As for the rest of the day? How can I characterize it ... dull, dreary, somnambulant, sadly and miserably unfruitful.

Maybe tomorrow will be a better day.

- V.

1 comment:

LifeSpark said...

Yuck! Sorry to hear this. May your week be better.
V