Thursday, December 20, 2007

And now, for something completely different

Have you ever thought that maybe, just maybe, your parents' generation is far weirder than it has any reason for being?

Have you ever suspected that perhaps your parents were damaged in some way? That their peculiarities stem from some deep-seated trauma, that their psyches were wounded by a terrible event?

I think I found that event, that trauma. It explains everything unexplainable about the generation that came before. And it is truly, wondrously bizarre.

For your viewing pleasure, One Got Fat, a 15 minute video on bicycle safety.

And don't say I didn't warn you.

- V.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That must be it.

Anonymous said...

Just an added thought. I said to my brother the other day who is a little older and a little closer to the boom generation (I figure I am at the very tag end), that following the boomers (sixties hippies and all of that) through life is much like walking through a pasture field after a herd of cattle. You have to watch where you step.

V and E said...

And much laughter ensued.

Thanks, Les. :)

- V.