Thursday, October 16, 2008

Small thought, big thought

My seat over here has been getting cool - nobody has been writing anything in quite some time. En lieu of keeping it warm, and for the purposes of making a happy announcement in what is generally a rather bleak and uncertain time, E. (my lovely wife) and I are expecting a child.

We do not know the sex, and are uncertain if we would be telling you if we did, but it is good news, happy news, and altogether better than hearing me discuss sub-prime markets or the fact that Americans have to choose between McCain and Obama.

The baby is due March 3rd.


In other news, yesterday marks the one-year anniversary of little b.'s coming home from his three-month sojourn in hospital. In many ways, this is more of a birthday for us than his delivery date.

And, of course, October 14th was the Feast of the Pokrov (Protection of the Veil). I can't remember if I mentioned this in an earlier post or not, but when E. went into labour a month early, we hadn't even had her hospital bag packed. We rushed around, grabbing necessaries, and in that time I grabbed up an icon of the Pokrov. The icon stayed with my wife through her labour and delivery, and when b. was born, the icon stayed with him in his crib until he came home, the day after the Feast of the Pokrov.

Our lady the Theotokos and Ever-Virgin Mary had her protecting veil about our son, and by her prayers and supplications we were gifted with the miracle of his coming home.

So I am thankful, very thankful. Words cannot suffice.

God is good.

- V.

1 comment:

elizabeth said...

babys are always a sign of hope... many years to little B and happy to hear of his coming home anniversary!